Why is the pool presenting zero instances completed when the end event shows 10?
I tried to delete and recreate the end event, and also recreated an entirely new Pool, but the problem persists.
Can you share an image of the whole model please?
Please find attached.
Thank you for this. We are doing some analysis and testing and will post the results here.
Thank you for your patience.
I have spent some time analysing the process model shown in the image, and the following amendments need to be made to the model because they are not valid in a Bizagi process flow. Invalid paths and sequence flows can cause the simulation engine to faulter or show unexpected results.
-Start events must only have one exit sequence flow. If a model needs to split into multiple paths at the start, please use the relevant gateway immediately after the start event (and remember the use a convergent gateway further along the flow where relevant).
-All parallel divergent gateways must have a corresponding convergent gateway to synchronise the flow. Divergent flows can be nested, but the corresponding convergent gateways must also be nested in the correct place, otherwise the flow will not synchronise correctly, and this will cause issues during simulation. For example, in the model shown there are more convergent gateways than divergent, and in the Sales swim lane the second parallel gateway has 2 incoming paths, but there is no divergent gateway prior to this to split the flow into 2 paths. The gateway prior to this in the flow splits the flow into 5 paths, but only one of them is leading into the divergent gateway.
Thanks for reviewing that.
I just added a new Parallel Gateway as you said, but the problem persists. Please check image attached.
I see, ok, thank you for the response. We will complete some further testing and reply here with the results.
I have made some minor changes to the model, to ensure that the gateways are placed correctly according to BPMN 2.0 and the model results show completed instances. Please see my attached images. I believe you may still need to make some adjustments to the flow.
I hope this helps to answer resolve the issue, please let us know.
Thanks for the great support.
Unfortunately, the problem persists. Please find my updated Flowchart attached.
There is one extra gateway in the flow that is not necessary. Please see the attached images for reference. I recreated the flow that you posted minus this gateway and the simulation ran perfectly.
Can you also confirm that the model is validating without error please?
See this page for the validate action in the model section of the ribbon: https://help.bizagi.com/process-modeler/en/index.html?the_ribbon.htm
Please let us know if this has resolved the issue, thanks.
Thanks for the fast response.
Actually that gateway is necessary.
If I set up as you said, the Parallel gateway will be waiting for 3 inputs, which is not true.
That gateway receives only 2 inputs. Only one of the signal events can be activated, not both.
Please refer to my flowchart and let me know if you understand.
Your previous divergent parallel gateway has 3 outputs, so the convergent gateway must have 3 inputs. 2 of the paths overlap in my image, but there are 3 inputs there.
Please see attached.
Only one signal will activate. If I remove the exclusive gateway, the Parallel convergent gateway will be waiting for 3 tokens and that will block the simulation flow.
Does that make sense?
I see, thank you. I understand what you wanted to achieve. If those events are mutually exclusive, you will need to add an event gateway before them. Then the convergent gateway will then be required to merge the paths into 2 like you have proposed.
Please see the new image, thanks.
Yes, I know. That is how I had modeled at the beginning, but the Event Based Gateway was not accepting the tokens.
I will try once again and let you know if that works.
That solves the problem! Thank you for the continued support.
Now, there is another issue that I wonder if you could help me with that as well.
There are 11 signal events thrown and only 8 caught. Please see attached.
The Throw and Catch problem mentioned above only happens at the Calendar Analysis.
Everything looks good in the Resource Analysis simulation.
From your images it appears that you have modelelled the events correctly. If the corresponding throw and catch event names have the same exact spelling, and the pools they belong to exist in the same diagram, then the model should run successfully with the numbers matching between throw and catch signal events. I created a similar model and the numbers aligned correctly.
I believe this is a sympton of the same bug that is affecting event gateways. Our development team have taken note and will be working on a fix in a future release. Please refer back to your previous post about event gateways: https://feedback.bizagi.com/en/topic/event-based-gateway-not-accepting-tokens
Thank you very much
Comments have been locked on this page!