In Progress

3.8.0.179 - better stay at 3.7.*

Hi, team.

Today I've installed a new version of Bizagi modeler (3.8.0.179) and faced with a very pretty UI and a huge list of bugs, accompanied this release.

Here is a shortlist of the worst things, that I've met after update this morning:

1. Gateway description auto-resize - After expanding description area for some Gateway and process some actions with modeler (saving diagram, publishing), size of description are has become by common size;

2. UI freeze - twice I've cached UI freeze after calling "Fit to text" function on Getaway description. I have to mansion, that description field was on the border of two swimming lanes.

3. Spelling check replaces not only one word at name/description but whole element name. Maybe it depends, which element was focused before, as I've seen, that this happened not only for Task name but also with Swimming lane Name.

4. Intermediate Message event doesn't allow to connect Message flow any more - before I often connected several flows through "Throw and Catch" event combinations, but now when I trying to apply one of Message flow to Intermediate Message event - Modeler doesn't allow to focus on Message event. It's strange, as this elements should be available for connection regarding Message Flow connection rules from the User guide. I've and screenshot with this issue.

I hope this report will help you and other users to get a stable version ASAP.

Regard

Comments (5)

photo

Dear Stanislav, thank you for your comments.

Our team is aware of these issues and is working on solving them. We will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Kind regards,

Laura G

photo

Dear Laura, thank you for your reply.

I'd like to share some additional UX: the 1st point of the report "Gateway description auto-resize" seems related with "Check In|Out " functions. Now in the common case, I meet resized event description tag after "Check In" diagram from cloud service.

photo
photo

I agree, there are much more other bugs, how to download again the 3.7? can't continue to work...

photo

Hi

I have to add that modeler v3.8.0.179 does not open properly and shuts down before opening sequence is properly executed. Is there any fix for that available?

With regards

photo

One more case with description issues: description element resize during export to image.

Files: case.png