Not a Problem

CASE_CREATION_ERROR Inaccessible logs: Security.

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem when creating cases of a specific process. I have been working on this process for several days designing its activities, data model, form, business rules, etc. I have also setup a set of users, roles, etc. I have been testing this process with many of these users successfully until I got into the "Performers" step in Bizagi studio and started defining rules to stablish who is assigned to each activity.

Since I did that I get the following error when I try to create a case:

{"status":"error","code":"CASE_CREATION_ERROR","type":"CaseCreationException","message":"No se encontró el origen, pero no se pudo buscar en algunos o todos los registros de eventos. Para crear el origen, necesita permiso para leer todos los registros de eventos con el fin de comprobar que el nuevo nombre de origen es único. Registros inaccesibles: Security."}

I also found other posts with a similar message in English but didn't find the way to solve it:

{"status":"error","code":"CASE_CREATION_ERROR","type":"CaseCreationException","message":"The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. To create the source, you need permission to read all event logs to make sure that the new source name is unique. Inaccessible logs: Security."}

Please, can you help me? I read its something related with Windows event log but I have no idea of what to do.

Thanks in advance

photo
0

Hello,

I'm posting an update: It seems I found a way to solve

this problem which is basically giving the "Network service" group full

access to windows Eventlog registry entries. I followed these

instructions: http://support.thycotic.com/KB/a220/giving-application-pool-access-to-event-log.aspx

This

may not be the best solution and it's possible that I did something

wrong during the project setup phase that made this error happen so any

feedback from Bizagi and/or the community will be welcome.

Thanks

photo
0

Dear A.M. Latasa,

You need to check the security permissions for each user and for the logs folder, this may have configured the right permissions for the windows user that is running the Bizagi Application.

Regards.