Links to reusable processes disappear
I have reported this problem before, please refer to http://feedback.bizagi.com/en/responses/links-to-reusable-processes-disappear. Because that has been marked "Not a problem" I'm starting a new response.
We've upgraded to 184.108.40.206 and we still have this issue. However, we're finally able to reliably reproduce it.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create/use a model in collaboration mode
- User 1 opens a diagram that contains at least one reusable process (read-only mode)
- User 2 opens the same diagram (read-only mode)
- User 1 puts the diagram in edit mode Verify that the reusable process indeed points to another process in the model
- User 1 makes changes and saves the diagram
- User 1 releases the diagram
- User 2 gets notifications that the diagram has been updated and released
- User 2 looks at the reusable process, there is no linked process, this has disappeared User 1 still sees the linked processes, the views are inconsistent at this point
- User 2 puts the process in edit mode
- User 2 saves the diagram
At this moment, all the reusable processes in the diagram will have lost their linked process, they all point to nothing.
If user 2 closes Bizagi Process Modeler and reopens the model between steps 8 and 9, the links will be there, and it is safe to edit and save.
For now, we solve this in our team by closing the process modeler and reopening the model before starting to edit a diagram. This is not strictly necessary: if the reusable processes are ok while the diagram is read-only, it's safe to edit. But just always reopening is easier to remember.
Stricly speaking, step 3 is not necessary. It doesn't matter if user 2 is actually looking at the diagram or not, he needs to have the same model open in the process modeler. If a diagram gets edited by another user during your session, the reusable processes will disappear for you, and they will permanently disappear if you open and save the diagram in the same session. You're ok as soon as you start a new session.